Shirrell Heath, Southampton, Hampshire, SO32 2JY

Commando 999 Responding Together

Commando 999 Responding Together

We wanted to take a moment and raise awareness for the new charity we will be working with. The charity is Commando 999 and it is dedicated to former Royal Marines Commando’s who currently serve (or have served) with any of the UK emergency services. It is a charity very close to our hearts here at HPD. Ruari Chisholm, our managing director is an ex Royal Marine who specialised in amphibious operations and maritime counter terrorism. We have chosen to support and assist this charity in any way we can.

Their mission is to raise funds for the Royal Marines Association (RMA) and the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund (RMCTF) who look after the entire Corps family. The RM Charitable Trust Fund provides and maintains the efficiency and esprit de corps of the Royal Marines.

The Fund also provides morale boosting activities which are designed to increase the likelihood of survival in theatre for Royal Marines. Furthermore they aim to help the Royal Marines sustain a high quality of family life. Inevitably much of the funding is used to support many of the bereaved families and over 150 physically wounded Royal Marines. We also know that the future holds many hundreds who will also suffer mentally.

Commando 999 is aiming to raise as much money as possible for the RMA and in doing so, allow them to provide whatever support is necessary for the less fortunate members of the Corps family who need their help. The Royal Marines Association keep 80% of all money raised whilst the remaining 20% goes to keeping the ever-expanding Commando 999 alive.

So how can you get involved and assist them with their valiant task? Get involved with some of  their events! Pop along to the site which is listed down below to find about more about how you can support Commando 999.

There are plenty of events being held. The next big event is the Speedmarch. This year’s Speedmarch is in central London is taking place on Saturday 10th November 2012. All participants will be running 16 miles, 640 yards! Our managing director, Ruari will also be taking part so make sure you show him some support! Head over to his just giving page here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *